Dear Aspen Animal Wellness Client,
Due to the high volume of outside pharmacy requests received daily, we are making some changes to the processing of requests through outside online pharmacies.
Effective immediately, we will no longer approve prescription requests from outside pharmacies (with the exception of compounding pharmacies such as Wedgewood Pharmacy) by phone, fax or email.
We absolutely support your choice to choose where you obtain your pet’s medications. If you choose to obtain your pet’s medications through an outside pharmacy, you can simply pick up a written prescription at the clinic and you will be responsible for ensuring delivery of the written prescription to the pharmacy of your choosing by mail or in person. 2-3 business days are required for these requests, please!
Why the change in policy? To allow us to provide the best possible care for your pets!
- The sheer volume of requests and the staff time required to deal with them is taking our staff away from providing the best care for our patients and clients.
- We have experienced issues with 3rd party pharmacies including:
- Medications not being dispensed correctly or as directed
- Prescriptions approved or denied without our consent
- Products arriving in secondary containers, not in the original packaging
- Products arriving labeled for use in other countries
- Fraudulent products being sold
- Some online pharmacies do not purchase their medications directly from the manufacturer. They are often purchased from 3rd parties with no guarantee of how they have been stored or acquired. Aspen Animal Wellness cannot verify whether or not a pharmacy is FDA compliant or if their products are backed by the manufacturer and cannot be involved in any guarantees for medications purchased from outside pharmacies.
As a small business, we do our best to keep our costs as competitive as we can and will be offering comparable pricing to other home delivery pharmacy providers, both in-office and online.
If you would like the convenience of online ordering and home delivery, we have an online pharmacy which works directly with the manufacturers of the medications. We offer competitive pricing with the peace of mind products are coming from a reputable source and are backed by the manufacturer. Purchases made through our online pharmacy are integrated with your pet’s medical records for better insight into their treatment and care. These products are packed and shipped through a partnership with Covetrus. The link to our online pharmacy may be found on our website and below.
What should I do now? Please follow these steps to ensure your pet’s medications are filled in a timely manner:
- Call, text or email and we will provide a written prescription for you to pick up at the clinic. 2-3 business days are required for requests.
- Call, text, or email to request medication be filled at our clinic. 2-3 business days are required for requests to be filled.
- Follow the link below to use our online pharmacy. https://aspenanimalwellness.vetsfirstchoice.com/
Aspen Animal Wellness contact information:
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us! Thank you for trusting us with your pet’s care. It is a privilege!
Aspen Animal Wellness Doctors and Staff